Polymer & Packaging International is the first & foremost trade magazine of Pakistan on PLASTICS & PACKAGING industries. Published by THESIS PUBLISHING on quarterly basis, Polymer & Packaging has established its standing as an authentic source of information & news about the local & global markets.
The news focus & topics covered by the magazine mainly revolves around innovative application of plastics in the following industries:
- PLASTIC MACHINERY & MATERIAL
- PACKAGING MACHINERY & MATERIAL
- MEDICAL PLASTICS & PACKAGING
- BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
- B2B EXHIBITIONS
Polymer & Packaging covers all major B2B exhibitions in Pakistan. The magazine is also media partner of global plastics & packaging events.
Polymer & Packaging outreaches to more than 3,000 readers / subscriber through its print edition. The web format is also popular & generates reasonable traffic which is purely beneficial to the advertisers.
In the end, the entire team of Polymer & Packaging team wishes to thank its subscribers, advertisers, contributors for extending full support in making this magazine a true voice of Pakistan's plastic & packaging industries.
The magazine offers cost effective advertising packages in print, web or print + web editions. The advertisers can also avail CLASSIFIED AD section where they can place small announcement or buy & sell advertisements.
PLASTIC INDUSTRY IN PAKISTAN:
- Plastics is mainly a household industry in Pakistan
- There are approximately 6,500 big & small manufacturing units producing goods
- 5,300 units are small & 700 units can be considered as medium sized
- There are also 7 upstream & 700 downstream units
- 60% manufacturing units are in Punjab, 30% in Sind, 7% in Khyber Pakhtoonkhuaw & only 3% in the province of Baluchistan
- Plastic raw material production in Pakistan is as follows
- 253,000 MT of PET resin,
- 156,000 MT of PVC
- 100,000 MT of Styrene (GPPS, HIPS, EPS)
- 34,000 MT of Methanol, Urea & Melamine
- Per capita consumption of plastics in Pakistan ranges between 4.5 to 4.8 KG
- Estimated investment in plastic sector is $260 Billion out of which 49% is FDI
FLEXIBLE PACKAGING IN PAKISTAN:
- Flexible packaging in Asia is growing at a rapid pace. Asia accounts 40% of global flexible consumption
- Asian flexible packaging industry is growing at the rate of 6.6% annually
- Food & Beverage industries use almost 75% of all flexible packaging produced. Fish, meat & poultry are the main users followed by baking & confectionery
- Global food packaging is growing at an average rate of 4.4% annually
- The flexible packaging industry of Pakistan mainly revolves around 150 producers of organized sector represented by FLEXPAC, Flexible Packaging Association of Converters of Pakistan
- Total industry output is estimated at 1,300,000 tons per year
- The size of the plastic film conversion industry is around 10 Million kilograms per month
- The GDP consumption of plastic film converters is about 3 to 4% of the entire packaging industry
- Value addition in plastic film converters is around 50%
- Flexible packaging industry of Pakistan has so far created 50,000 direct jobs for skilled & non skilled workers